Friday, March 13, 2009

The dingers


Thought I would get something off my chest. I hate dingers. You know, the people who park up alongside your car, then carelessly open their door into yours, leaving a little ding or dent.

Most people aren't dingers. I have never put a ding in a car. I hook my finger round the door so as not to do any damage.

But look at any car more than a year old, and chances it it will have numerous little dings in its panels.

Who are the dingers? And how do we make them stop!

Do they not know they are dinging? Or do they not really care?

Now someone close to me who shall remain nameless is, in fact, a dinger. It drives me nuts. I once parked up alongside a brand new £35,000 Audi. Predicting the inevitable, I said "Open your door carefully - that's a brand new..." Ding! And the owners were still in it. Reply: "What's the big deal? It's just a car."

Is this a petty and shallow obsession of mine? Should I just get a life? Or is this a TOTAL FRIGGING MENACE?! If so, what do we do about it? Yes, I shall be purchasing a rubber door thingy for our car - but what about others?

No comments:

Post a Comment